COVID-19 Freight Subsidy Programme
A PIFS PTI NZ Initiative
ABOUT THE SUBSIDY
Pacific Trade Invest New Zealand (PTI NZ) recognises the enormous strain faced by exporters in the Blue Pacific due to COVID-19.
The pandemic has exposed the vulnerabilities and risks associated with global supply chains and the flow on effect to Forum Island Countries has been strongly felt. Moreover, respondents to the monthly PTI Network Business Monitor Survey indicate that access to finance remains the #1 constant; whereby enterprises require financial injection to keep their businesses afloat.
PTI NZ, with the endorsement of the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS) has developed the Freight Subsidy Programme (FSP).
The Freight Subsidy Programme aims to:
• strengthen business resilience
• support businesses affected by supply chain constraints
• enhance businesses competitiveness in international markets.
PTI NZ’s COVID-19 Freight Subsidy Programme offers eligible businesses funding assistance for freight costs for the current year.
Grants of up to a maximum of NZ$2,500 per enterprise on a 50/50 cost share basis will be awarded to successful applicants.
The Freight Subsidy Programme is now closed.
- Have a registered business and export licence in one of the Pacific Islands Forum Member Countries* and be exporting during 2021, or have forward export orders for 2021
- Be operating for a minimum of one year
- Provide documentary evidence of freight costs over the past 12 months (e.g., bill of lading, air waybills, freight company invoices and/or statements)
- Provide documentary evidence of the applicant/ business listed in the application form is the name of the company applying for the subsidy.
Applications will be reviewed against the eligibility criteria by a selection panel.