PTI NZ helps Pacific Island producers enter the New Zealand market by connecting them with distributors.
One of the leading distributors in Aotearoa New Zealand of Pacific Island products is Ashon Ventures selected to participate in our Pasifika Culinary Experience exhibition at the Food Show in Auckland next week.
“We get products we see potential for in the New Zealand market. We want to bring Pacific made products that have a point of difference – that fills a gap in the market,” says Jay Patel, Managing Director of Ashon Ventures.
Ashon Ventures import NZ pantry staples such as Pacific Crown coconut cream, Lees breakfast crackers and cabin bread and Golden Country. More recently they have introduced the brand Taste of India, into the New Zealand market.
Taste of India is manufactured using the finest ingredients and spices grown in Fiji.
Entering the market of sauces and pastes, Mr Patel knew Taste of India would have major competition against established brands like Patak’s and Wattie’s who hold market majority.
“Working with our manufacturers, Ashon Ventures pushed hard to get Taste of India on supermarket shelves. We believed we had a superior product that would do very well in the New Zealand market.
“We were right. Taste of India is now a household recognisable brand and is available in major New Zealand supermarket chains nationwide.
Patel says they’re not a company to sit still, “we are constantly looking for opportunities and gaps in the market that we can fill. We have a new facility which allows us to house frozen goods, so we’re currently looking to expand into that market.”
Come sample dishes made with a Taste of India at the Food Show at ASB Showgrounds (19 – 22 November) as Chef Derek whips up delicious easy to make at home dishes in our Pasifika Kitchen.
Tickets available here .
Quick facts about Ashon Ventures
- Heritage linking back to large distribution group in Fiji – Ashabhai Group (Ashabhai & Co Ltd)
- Strong foothold in distribution into convenience stores, ethnic speciality stores, hospitality, and supermarket chains
- Extensive distribution network in the South Pacific serving about 120 major supermarkets, more than 100 resorts and hotels, as well as scores of restaurants, small stores, pharmacies, and gas stations
- Service the institutional sector and local government departments (Fiji)
- We trade, quote, supply, consolidate and offer technical support for the most trusted brands in the region through Tahi Pacific NZ Ltd (their marketing division)
- Has regional hubs (bonded warehouse facilities) in New Zealand and Fiji which can handle both frozen and ambient goods.
Get in touch
If you are a wholesaler or distributor and would like to know more, you can sign up for our product catalogue.
Or let our Trade Development Team assist you with your enquiries –
Trade Development Manager – Aude Douyere – email@example.com
Trade Development Officer – Riley Birtwistle – firstname.lastname@example.org