Meet The Team
Glynis Miller was recently appointed to lead the Pacific Trade Invest New Zealand office under a short-term secondment arrangement with the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat where she has worked for over 15 years.
Working for the Forum Secretariat has given her a rich knowledge of the region’s trade policy and private sector development. In her role as Team Leader, Trade Development, Glynis represents the Forum Secretariat as the region’s private sector focal point for the Organisation of the ACP Group’s Private Sector Development Strategy Implementation.
As Acting Trade Commissioner, Glynis heads the agency with her leadership management of the overall operations and management of PTI NZ. Glynis brings a wealth of experience of the Blue Pacific region in both policy and technical coordination.
Manuel is responsible for attracting investments into the Pacific Region and brokering deals at every phase of a commercial transaction. Manuel has regular engagements with investors and businesses in both NZ and the Pacific and uses the Pacific Hub as a platform to connect the right partners so that all receive a mutual benefit with their partnership and investment.
- Assistant Vice President, Development Bank of the Philippines
- Economist for International Research Organisation
- General Manager, Hedge Funds
- Inward investment promotion
- Market knowledge NZ and the Pacific Stakeholder engagement
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of the Philippines
- Master’s in Applied Business Economics from the University of Asia and the Pacific
Aude designs and implements trade programmes including the organisation of sector-specific trade shows (food & beverage, beauty, creative arts, fashion, etc.), the coordination of the Deal by Design Programme, and new promotional initiatives like the PTI NZ online catalogue, to promote and connect Pacific products with NZ distributors. She is good at building strong relationships with exporters and buyers to get the results.
- Sales Manager for Government-owned company and non-profit organisation in Asia Pacific region
- Agribusiness industries support
- Business development, sales and marketing supervision, project management
- Market knowledge NZ and the Pacific Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic development and planning
- Bachelor of Management and Business from Ecole de Gestion et de Commerce, New Caledonia
- Master of Science in International Business from the Griffith College of Dublin, Ireland
Anne-Marie heads the marcomms strategy and implementation for PTI NZ. A storyteller by nature, Anne-Marie is passionate about ensuring people know, and understand, the very unique environment we operate in and why the commercial relationships we develop and grow are so important, and beneficial to all countries within the Blue Pacific.
- Communications Manager for a privately owned corporate real estate company
- Local government marketing and communications publicity experience
- Change communications lead
- Integrated marketing communications
- Strategic communications
- Corporate social responsibility
- Event Management
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Auckland – French, Spanish and Classics
- Graduate Diploma in Public Relations and Communications, AUT
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), Public Relations Institute of New Zealand
Riley primarily supports the delivery of the Path to Market program and focuses on the follow up engagement with our clients. Riley also operates the CRM reporting and database system for the NZ office. He also assists Anne-Marie with communication activities on social media platforms and website updates. After completing his studies at AUT earlier this year he remains a link to the university for more interns.
- Retail and marketing
- Communication and stakeholder engagement
- Project management
- Public relations
- Bachelor of Commerce (marketing and management) at Auckland University of Technology
Shivani is responsible for all office administration including financial accounting and maintenance of the stakeholder contacts and database. She is also heavily involved with the event planning and logistics of PTI events such as trade shows and conferences.
- Administrative Manager for The Accounting Solution (Fiji)
- Premium Business Teller for BSP Bank
- Clerical Officer for Fiji National University
- Event management, promotion and digital marketing
- Accounting and finance administration
- IT and Website Management
- Currently studying towards MBA at Auckland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting, Management & Public Administration and International Business Marketing – University of South Pacific
John is the Chair of the PTI NZ advisory board and brings a wealth of experience and skills to the organisation including; senior private and public sector management, business development and strategy, oversight of commercial entities to improve business performance and competitive market position.
John sits on various boards such as the Commerce Commission and he consults for major organisations including the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, and Auckland Council Investments Limited
Rachel is an experienced strategic and business director overseeing key relationships across the Pacific region and internationally in both the public and private sector. Rachel has extensive governance experience with a special interest in trade and investment promotion and facilitation, international research expeditions and NGO advisory.
Her board memberships include; the Pacific Business Trust, Habitat for Humanity NZ, NZ Institute of Directors Waikato Branch, the NZ Tonga Business Council and the South Pacific Regional Director for the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) Women’s Commission
Peter has had over 30 years’ experience in business in the Pacific. In 1993 he was a founder member of the New Zealand Papua New Guinea Business Council and has had continuous membership ever since. He also was a founder member of the New Zealand French Business Council involving trade in the French Pacific and a membership of over 30 years. In 1992 he was appointed New Zealand Director of Pacific Forum Line and held that directorship for two periods of approximately 12 years. From 2011 to 2018 Peter was Chairman of Pacific Cooperation Foundation. A barrister and solicitor by occupation he has served on the University of Auckland Council for 8 years and was Pro-Chancellor from 2012 to 2014.
In 2010 he was appointed Chairman of the Pacific Development and Conservation Trust.In 2017 he was appointed an Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to New Zealand’s interest in the Pacific and the law”.
Rob is the Sales Manager at SAMEX an organisation that focuses on providing the most efficient supply chain and logistics practices for export businesses around the world.
His industry knowledge in business strategy and strategic planning aligns with the work that PTI do in the Pacific region.
Rob's experience in the Pacific means he has strong relationships with the local businesses as his New Zealand company exports food and beverage to the Islands on a regular basis.
Rohit is the Managing Director of Reddy Group and has been instrumental in broadening the group's strategic investments into different sectors and regions. He has extensive experience in hotel and real estate investment, private equity, and finance.
Rohit graduated from the University of Auckland in New Zealand with a Bachelor of Law (Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce. Rohit is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. Rohit is also an alumni of the OPM course at Harvard Business School